Thursday, July 3, 2008

Singing during Hard Times


The Lord is my strength and my song: He has become my salvation. He is my God and I will praise Him, my father’s God, and I will exalt him.”- Exodus 15:2
Sometimes when my walk with Jesus is difficult and hard

I sing a song to get the sadness out of my heavy, burdened heart

Because the music lifts my sorrows to Him I worship most

He is my Father in heaven and the Host of host

He knows how heavy my cross at times can be

He carried once His own

And He did way more then that for me

Because He carried His alone

My burden is nothing compared with what He endured

And because of it, my life is in Him secured

That is why, in every situation and in every circumstance

I will rejoice and I will dance

Because when I sing ESPECIALLY in times of sadness and of grief

He takes away my sorrow and I find in Him relief


a poem posted from Windmill ministries

No comments: