Thursday, July 10, 2008

My Strength is Perfected in Weakness


And then he told me, "My grace is enough; it's all you need. My strength comes into its own in your weakness." - 2 Corinthians 12:9

Where is God in relation to your greatest flaws? Some folks thing that God just ignores our failings since He's busy running the world, but that isn't what the Bible says. He knows our flaws and our weaknesses. So how does He view them? While the Bible contends that we are responsible for our failures, the best news of all is that God says, "My strength is made perfect in weakness."

The word weakness can refer to a physical or moral weakness. You know what yours is; God does too.

God never forces Himself on you. As you pray, "Lord, help me overcome my weakness," He goes to work. His effort begins and your weakness ends with your invitation to let Him meet your need.

-from Just for Today

No comments: